Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Member "Hello All"

dazza1639

Just wanted to say hello now that I have finally become a member.

I have been reading this forum for quite a few months and a must say it seems to be a very friendly and helpful place, Lots of members willing to give advice to beginners and more advanced users alike.

Wishing everybody clear skies

Darren

Dark skies chance would be nice I have a great blue and orange sky glow in the south west of my garden thanks to the trafford center. Its not to bad really but on a 30 second exposure with my sony DSC-w1 digital camera the sky is very orange in that direction.

As for my other equiptment I have had a small skywatcher skyhawk 114m which is quite good when we get a clear night. But I am trying to get my wife to let me upgrade to an LX90 8" GPS. I'm sure she will let me get one eventually but it may take some time.

As for cameras I have a Sony DSC-W1 which is really good for the money as it will do exposures of 30 seconds and has the added bonus of being an excelent family camera to take on holiday. I also have a tucam II pro with the adapter to fit it to my telescope. This was great for imaging planets, sadly my old celeron 400 laptop has finally given up so I won't be imaging for a while. Its not much of a problem really as I get just as much enjoyment from stargazing.

Thanks for listening

Darren

No begging I'm just going to tell her I'm having it then run away quickly and hide

No need to do that.

Decide what you want then show her a picture of something that costs twice the price - when she's calmed down show her another picture, this time of the item you really want accompanied by the words "Well, I suppose I could settle for this...."

You get what you want, she thinks she's beaten your budget down considerably, everybody wins! :D:p

If you try this and get away with it, let me know and I'll have a go. :p

And welcome to SGL.

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived