SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cheap Adjustable Observing Stool...!!!

Just been to down to the local Aldi to check out the Mechanics Adjustable Stool they have on offer for £14.99... It's brilliant! :blob8: Assembled in minutes, it has a gas adjustable height from 45 - 53.5 cm. Perfect for my refractor viewing. :p Very comfy padded vinyl seat (red in colour so won't spoil your night vision.. ho ho ho :p ) that rotates freely. It runs on 5 castors, so a flat solid base is preferred to grass for this stool. It's probably easy to modify for grass use though. A three year Aldi guarantee is also thrown in for good measure. Absolute bargain that I thought I'd personally try and recommend to SGL members. Get One Soon While Stocks Last! :D

PS.. It gets better! I Forgot to tell you there's also a very handy built in accessory tray underneath!

I'd seen the ironing chair before but always thought a stool would be better for me as I ain't got the smallest butt in the world. :D The beauty of the stool from Aldi is that you don't have to get up to adjust your height. It has a lever at the side similar to computer chairs and uses the same principle for height adjustment. I set the 100ED up on the tripod and aimed at the zenith. The stool was at its lowest setting and it was at a perfect height for me to sit and view thru the eyepiece. There was no strain on my back or neck at all (I'm 5' 9" by the way) At its heightest setting the scope was around 45 degrees and it was still comfy to view sat down. Moving the scope any more horizontally would mean you probably having to stand up to view, but then again thats no big deal. For £15 it's a steal! If you don't like it, then take it back. Aldi have a great returns policy.

TIP: Don't use the bottom washer supplied when you attach the castors (you'll know what I mean and why when assembling it) :p

Archived