Narrowband

Don't you just love astronomy in the UK??

Rossco72

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart, I am jealous up to Sunday night :)

Wall to wall cloud for Bedfordshire up to and inc. Saturday night with a dash of rain! Sunday night supposedly clear! Hope your forecast gets better soon.

Kevin, I think it's this link if Stuart doesn't mind me saying since I am online now:

UK weather forecast - Met Office

If it helps, there is also:

Met Office : Invent - Weather: Map view

Europe SAT24.com, Satellite Weather Europe, Weather Forecast, Rainfall, Clouds, Sun in Europe - Source: SAT24.com

Yeah it's just from the Met office.

They were pretty accurate over the weekend I have to say.

I find the forecasts 2-5 days out are speculative at best but for the night ahead they are often ok.

On Saturday they were within about 45 minutes for a brief rain shower before clearing up again.

It's quite easy really. Just change your weather forecaster! Here's what Metcheck says:

weather1.jpg

It says that for you it'll only be 37% cloud tonight, 28% Thursday, 24% Friday and completely clear on Saturday! I use Metcheck, 7Timer, BBC Weather, UKWeather.com and the Met Office AND THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT! Aarghhhh.

Kind of reassuring to know that, even in this high-tech age, some things are unknowable.

Is there a link for this site ?

Metcheck (Type in your postcode)

The others:

7Timer (Odd site, based in China, but sometimes strangely accurate. This is a link to my location's forecast. Can't work out where the home page is to edit the location.)

UKweather.com

Met Office

BBC Weather

As I said, they all give different forecasts, so what's the point!

I'm in the Kenny Dalglish camp of answering the question 'is it going to be clear tonight'.

ie: maybes aye, maybes naw.

Tonight in West Central Scotland it does look like a MA-MN scenario......

LOL

Andy.

The number of times, this year, that the afternoons have been lovely, only for cloud to form after sun down have been frustratingly common.....grrrr.

I shall poke my head out the window at 7ish tonight.

We'll see.

Andy.

....We'll see if high pressure is in charge then there shouldnt be any more incoming cloud now the sun has burnt it off...

Sorry to be a bah humbug, but high pressure at this time of year often means overcast with low cloud. Then again, it can also mean endless clear skies!

My forecast is that skies over Glasgow - Edinburgh will be completely clear over the next few days.

The reason?

Eight CSOG menbers are off to Balgowen from Thursday to Sunday and it looks like we're going to drag all the clouds away with us -

i fint the best weather forcast the MKI eyeball, i just look outside when its getting dark and see what's happening in the sky.

That works for me too............ though after 30 mins here it can totally change.. 4 seasons in 1 day :)

Then again, it can also mean endless clear skies!

I wish! :)

I think i'll start my chants now, need to find something to sacrafice too - hmmm the only thing i have at the moment is a pack of extra strong mints...lol.

Archived