Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Difference between 130P & 150P visually?

Lol on the tree! That can be a nightmare. Late night poisoning? (joke)

certainly looks like it "could" be clear tonight as I look out the office window now there is zero cloud! We have a good viewing point here all the way up to Morrisons. If I could only set up the scope on the roof!

I saw that iphone app but I have a blackberry Torch and there is nothing out for them. I presume you use the free software on your pc Stellarium Stellarium Like Google earth for the sky. Just enter in your longitude & latitude and away you go.

As for a good spot the further out into the sticks the better. I know out towards Corley and Fillongley well so I may try out there eventually.

There seems to be quite a few members from Cov on here 8-)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol on the tree! That can be a nightmare. Late night poisoning? (joke)

certainly looks like it "could" be clear tonight as I look out the office window now there is zero cloud! We have a good viewing point here all the way up to Morrisons. If I could only set up the scope on the roof!

I saw that iphone app but I have a blackberry Torch and there is nothing out for them. I presume you use the free software on your pc Stellarium Stellarium Like Google earth for the sky. Just enter in your longitude & latitude and away you go.

As for a good spot the further out into the sticks the better. I know out towards Corley and Fillongley well so I may try out there eventually.

There seems to be quite a few members from Cov on here 8-)

I am very happy with my 130p, eq2. i have the Revelation eyepiece set and it has made a huge difference! Great views of the Moon first the Orion, Pleiades and this week, Saturn which was awsome! I've done some imaging of the Moon with the spc900 webcam and the pics were great. It does help having the motor on the mount though!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 130P and a revelation EP set.

It was the way i wanted to go,as in the future the EP set could be used wit other scopes.

Much better than the ones supplied and in a nice little case.

I just use the SW 25 EP for searching about.

Most of the 'what you can see' sites are quite misleading. This is the best one I have found, but even here, the images are far brighter and higher contrast than I have ever seen personally. The M51 one is about right for a 10" scope, a dark site and good seeing (steady atmosphere)

As mdstuart says, checking out some of the sketches made at the eyepiece will give you a much better feeling for what to expect. Here are some of mine done with a 150P.

Hope you enjoy your new scope.

Hello,

I'm a newcomer too, i bought a sw150pl a couple of months ago and now i'm obseessed with the hobby. I already want a bigger scope but have no budget yet, i would recommend getting as big a scope as possible while you can cos you will wish you had if you get the smaller one.

good luck.

Adam

If you trying to slide a new scope past the wife you might get away with it if the new scope and old one are the same colour.....

Lol had to laugh at that and thought I would remember it for the future, however spoilt that now by laughing so much and having to show the wife!!!

Lol had to laugh at that and thought I would remember it for the future, however spoilt that now by laughing so much and having to show the wife!!!

Ditto!

Curse you Stardad my cunning plan has been rumbled!

• 2 years later...

Enjoy your new scope!! 130 is a really great size for learning your way round this hobby, as it's not so big and heavy, still easy to manouevre :smiley: Love my 130, so straightforward to use and the view is crystal clear. Having said that, we do also now have a 150 and a 200 - aperture fever is deadly :grin: The 200p/eq5 is a big beast compared to the little 130 :grin:

Archived