Narrowband

M45 Pleiades

CThody

I took this on a windy Saturday night just gone. Using a Canon 50D (un modded) and a Nexstar 5SE mounted on an EQ5 mount. 10 frames at 100 seconds ISO 1000, some dark frames and Deep Sky Stacker... Had to also use a focal reducer to get it all in, so there is some strange effect to the stars around the edges... Keen to hear any advice/comments.

Thanks.

post-17512-133877538972_thumb.jpg

You've captured a nice lot of nebulosity, especially considering the length of subs. However as you say, there are some very strangely shaped stars.

You say you used a focal reducer. I did get some strange shapes to stars towards the edges once when I added a spacer between my Flattener and DSLR, so perhaps there is something not quite right with the distance. Unfortunately I am not technical enough to be able to say whether this might be what is causing it.

Carole

Archived