Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Nexus 6

1st meet North Lincs Astro group

Hi Alan,

I'll be there, looking forward to it.

Scott

Thanks Scott, will see you on Monday, still hope we will get a clear spell with the weather! but should be interesting all the sameto meet everyone. :)

Latest update.......

1.Nexus 6

2.Superchargedc63

3.Martin_h

4.Dame

5.chris_dn38

6.tbird

7.scottC

8.zAndy1

Edited by Horus

I'll be there Alan, will have a word with Dave next door and see if he wants to come along as well

Could be a decent turnout Alan

I'll be there Alan, will have a word with Dave next door and see if he wants to come along as well

Thanks Andy, hows Dave doing with the scope?

Hope to see you on Monday :)

I might be bringing my new scope fingers crossed ! Evostar 80ED DS-PRO

Edited by Horus

I might be bringing my new scope fingers crossed ! Evostar 80ED DS-PRO

Thats a nice scope, I have one for imaging and am thinking about getting another and mounting them side by side with 2 cameras to cut the imaging time down a bit:)

Cheers Martin , Ive got it as a grab & go as the LX is big to move around. Got an email today saying it was depatched and will be with me on Monday. I dont know wether to get Dual axis motor drive for EQ3-2 equatorial mount ?

Edited by Horus

Cheers Martin , Ive got it as a grab & go as the LX is big to move around. Got an email today saying it was depatched and will be with me on Monday. I dont know wether to get Dual axis motor drive for EQ3-2 equatorial mount ?

If its just for visual work I wouldnt bother to much, its quite a wide FOV so won't need nudging along so often, should be quite easy to keep up with hand controls.

Can you please give me the address and post code for the meet and is it off the Ferriby Road or accessed through Barton ?

Edited by Horus

If you're coming from Hull I'd come off the A15 to Barton and at the roundabout turn right as if going to Winterton/Scunthorpe on the A1077. Take the first right (probably signposted for Reeds Hotel), all the way down the hill to the bottom and when you get to the junction (just past the skip on the right) turn right and then the nature reserve is the first left. The reserve map Alan linked to shows it clearly. Forecast looks fairly reasonable for tomorrow night :)

Cheers

Andy

Edited by zAndy1

Cheers Andy ....Reserve Map ? I must ave missed it

Can you please give me the address and post code for the meet and is it off the Ferriby Road or accessed through Barton ?

try this

Tonights the Night !!!

Wow we have clear skies! I hope everyone will be able to make it, will see you all shortly. :)

Pleased the weather looks like its going to be perfect, excited now and looking forward to seeing some 'wonders of the universe' tonight :)

See u later

Andy

Just got back from the club first meet ! Well done Alan what a venue , dark skies and a pass from the ISS and Shuttle .

Many thanks to Martin an it was nice to put faces to names , can't wait till next month

I'll second that Good first meet, venue was spot on - secure, tea and coffee laid on and loos!! (and heating) Horizons a bit bright upto about 20 deg but over that excellent.....way to many stars!:)

A good turnout too and everyone had a look through a scope or two.

Great venue, excellent turn out. Congratulations Alan, all your hard work paid off! :) Bring on next month!!

Edited by Dame

Many thanks to all who showed up to the 1st night, I was so pleased to see so many face's, you never know for sure on the numbers, what a great night for us all! Decent skies and chance's to observe one or two nice objects, how the weather turned out like that I do not know but maybe it will be the same every 1st Monday of the month :p, well you can only hope so anyway. :)

Great to finally have look through an Ethos, thanks Damian, I am sure that was componant E :), any chance you may give a loan of it ....for a year or two!

Thanks to Tony and the others from East Riding Astronomers, much appreciated.

Finally a special thankyou to Terry and Roni from the Nature reserve for helping me to get this thing up and running.

Think we can all agree its a pretty good location for observing and the facilities at the visitor centre are spot on.

My best wishes and hope to see you all next month!

ps I will be out any Fridays, weather permitting, at the venue or indeed other local spots so feel free to contact me. :)

How often do you plan to meet up? My father and step-mother live in Alkborough and I may visit you, the next time I visit them.