Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from West Lothian

Lorne

Hiya,

Been lurking in the SGL background for a while so decided to make it legal!! Relative beginner with my scope but always had an interest in the skies - when theres no clouds that is. Looking forward to gleaning some tips on seeing whats up there.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lorne and welcome to the forum.

What scope are you looking through and what's you area of interest? There is no such thing as a daft question on here (..I've already asked most of them :)) so don't hesitate to ask about anything you need to know.

Clear skies in the meantime!

James

Thanks for the welcome :)

James,

At the moment Im playing around with a 150mm Newtonian, 750mm long on a GEM that I bought from Ebay a few years ago (I dived in blind) Its only recently I started wanting to see more than just the moon. Got 25, 20, 12.5 and 6mm lenses and a 2X Barlow.

L

Hi Lorne, welcome to the Lounge.

Thats a nice scope to be going on with, and a good selection of eyepieces, it should show you some nice objects.

If you don't already have it, download Stellarium, it's a very useful, free program.

Stellarium

If you have any questions, post them in Beginners help and advice and some one will be along shortly.

Enjoy your scope. :)

Archived