SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first Saturn for 2011

bigal1

Hi all well thought i'd stay up late and try catch my first glimpse of Saturn this year . The conditions were not great at all with patchy cloud and a light haze plus the higher atmosphere looked very unstable but i just couldnt resist getting the webcam out and trying for a few images . I used a Skywatcher Skymax 127mm mak and a 2x barlow for the first image and for the second i used the same equipment but added an extension tube to the barlow for a bit more magnification the camera was an SPC900NC .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877538653_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877538657_thumb.jpg

Thanks for comments , i used wxastrocapture to record the avi's settings were 100%gain , 60% brightness , 80% saturation , no gamma , 1/25 @ 10fps . A total of 3000 frames were captured but only 2200 were stacked and the time when these were captured was about 12.30am 28/02/2011 .

Regards Alan

Great result for a Skymax and webcam. Sorry, great result by any standards!

Really looking forward to seeing future results in the Saturn season with the new generation of SPC880/900 webcam imagers!

Part of my kit is the same scope and webcam. Not had a chance to image Saturn yet, (a cold then clouds) but when I do, I'll give it a go and hope I can get something close to yours.

Good images. :)

Great pic. I had a look at saturn the other night for the first time in a while and that's pretty much how I remember it. Might just sit and look at your pic to save going out in the cold!

Archived