1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

Success!

V-nec

My first Saturn viewing. Unspeakably happy right now.

Last night I learnt a lot of constellations whilst looking for it for about 5 hours, and was sure I was pointing at the right thing but couldn't get it. Today I thought hard about what I'd done wrong and realised I was expecting it to be bigger so was focusing in and/or magnifying too much, turning it into a ringless blob.

So tonight pointed it at the very same thing and... behold. It really is amazing.

Also saw my first double star (Mizar) while waiting for Saturn to appear but this has eclipsed it completely.

I'm now just waiting for it to come out from behind a building to have another look.

Apologies for lack of coherence here, very excited.

Well done on your 1st saturn view only seen Mizar through binos

not a scope i remember them saying on the sky at night its a rare

star system only 2 have been found last time i looked outside

it was cloudy justed had a look couple of mins ago now its clear

clouds r annoying .

clouds r annoying .

Tonight and last night have been really clear down here so trying to make the most of what will no doubt be a brief window of opportunity. Hope they stay clear for you.

I know how you feel my first siting was really boss just wait for your second one you'll look more closely at it and see the cloud formation around one of the moons thats really good also the next best thing i think is the orion nebula the dust particles and the black hole in the middle is a sight to behold well done and happy viewing jimmythemoonlight merseyside

I got up especially early at the weekend to see it and woke up to complete cloud cover... Wish I had just stayed up a few hours later and seen it while it was clear instead of going to my nice warm bed :)

Next time make a flask of soup, have some Jaffa Cakes handy and stay up, it is always worth it...not that anyone bar my Uncle (also an AA) thinks so!

clouds r annoying .

aaaaaahhhhh, clouds, the joy's of living in Manchester :).

I had my first view on Saturday too! was quite low in the sky still at 11pm but I think I did very briefly see the Cassini division. Was a great way to improve my dob nudging skills as I couldn't take my eye off it for at least 30 mins.

Can't wait for it to be higher in the coming months (or to stay up later) and hopefully get better views.

I didn't get to see the Cassini division. I spent so much time in awe that by the time the inevitable cloud cover came I hadn't even got down to the smaller eyepieces.

Also glad to hear the feeling doesn't go away, I'm looking forward to seeing it many more times :)