SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A couple of clusters from Saturday night (26Feb)

dlp

Well the sky finally cleared here last night and I scrambled to get the scope out/aligned etc. After the rain (and the Jetstream moving N) the sky looked wonderful, and I could make out M31 fairly easily naked eye. I had a list of targets and these two were on that - firstly M37, not the most inspiring target but I wanted to try and sort out my guiding. Things went reasonably well and I got 20 subs from 30s-60s without too many duff ones.

Second was M35, which I hoped would turn out OK as it's much more visually interesting than M37. 17 good subs ranging 30s-120s and quite easy to process too. Both stacked/processed in PI with a small amount of work in PS to finish off. Comments/crit welcome! Also managed a couple of big Nebs - see my other posting - busy night!

post-21430-133877538063_thumb.jpg

post-21430-133877538074_thumb.jpg

Two great shots. I particularly like the second one. I could get lost in all those stars.

Just one thing, do you mean guiding or tracking? If you are guiding you should be getting subs up into the tens of minutes.

Archived