Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I just have to share this....

Steve 1962

It's my second night out with a new SW200P and NEQ6. I'm guiding it with a WO Zs70 and a QHY5V...and imaging M51 (10mins @iso 1600) with a modded 1000d....and this is what the laptop screen looks like.

I'm feeling pretty cold but pleased to bits with the guiding and the results so far.

Happy days (sorry - nights)

:rolleyes:

Steve

post-19045-133877537672_thumb.jpg

Hi Mijijim

Thanks - I'm having an "all is well with the world" kind on night here - I started off with Saturn and it looked stunning - then onto M51 and now moved onto the Hercules Cluster - just fantastic!

Just a little bit of cloud building now to my North West - nearly bed time I think!

Steve

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments - here's the finished image (if there's such a thing!)

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/132002-widefield-whirlpool.html

It was very strange - I don't know if anyone believes in Sod's law, but the moment I posted this thread, the guiding went to pot and I ended with some odd shaped stars.

The mount is also making strange noises so I feel a strip down coming on.

Regards

Steve

Archived