Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

stafford_stargazer

what time does saturn get reasonable to view

Hi all

tonight and early morning is looking rather clear,so scopes out and cover on just incase,but im thinking of leaving it out till early hours to try and view saturn,what time is the earliest it can be viewed ok?

Thanks Gaz

Well its just come over the horizon for me so getting ready for some action

Hope you keep the clear sky

sounding good,few clouds come over but scopes got rain cover on,says might be a short shower but then clear all night htrough morning,will be my first saturn view this year :rolleyes: thanks for info men.

Just had a look but its still pretty low in the sky. Another negative factor is that it rises above the flats to the left of me so mag above X80 and its a bit blurry due to heat turbulence. My first light with my new scope too! So far I'm chuffed to bits with it. Just having a break now, a coffee and a smoke and i'll be back out there

Tell me about it, got dragged out to "out-laws" and had a few "shandies" (as such missed the ISS, gutted ...) Now I got to get some caffine in me to sober up and stay awake! Life is hard :rolleyes:

Edited by Stephen

I had a good view at 10:30 pm - but it was dancing about a bit - atmospherics I think - Sky at Night mag says 02:30 hrs best time to view

I've just seen Saturn for the first time and showed my normally not bothered girlfriend. She was as amazed as me and it's definitely the best sight I've seen in the sky and one I've been waiting for all my life.

First of all I saw it through 20x80 bins and then my 130p reflector. And to think I'd gone out too late!

Be patient till it rises higher, even if this means taking an extra coffee. If you get a chance, take a look at it for me. I'm afraid that my skies are clear but my eyes are not as healthy as they should these days.

Isabelle

Edited by stolenfeather

I saw Saturn, Cassini division and Titan for my first time ever last night. About 11.30pm and over the top of some neigbours roofs.

Very impressed! Even the wife who bemoans my new hobby was impressed!