Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What program do you use to capture images?

When you connect your digital camera to your laptop like a webcam, what programs do you use to view the image on your screen?

Do you still use the camera to capture the image, or does the program do it?

Or it it video that is being recorded when using the camera this way?

Thanks in advance for any light you can share on the subject.

When you connect your digital camera to your laptop like a webcam, what programs do you use to view the image on your screen?

Do you still use the camera to capture the image, or does the program do it?

Or it it video that is being recorded when using the camera this way?

Thanks in advance for any light you can share on the subject.

Take a look at the two links, this may give soem help, but you can download free software Sharpcap, wxAstrocapture, craterlet, then you may need Registax for stacking the frames.

Webcam Astrophotography Tutorial for Planets|AstroPhotography Tonight

http://www.astronomycameras.com/en/assets/200712_AstroPhoto_Insight.pdf

Well I bought the scope as a perceived upgrade from the 10x50 binocs I borrowed off my folks. Its a Celestron 70mm travelscope. It was only £50 so I wasn't expecting much. I just hoped I would see the stars clearer than the shaky vision of the binocs. Basically the image looks better in the binocs and the telescope tripod is rubbish.

The bins are good, i got a scope, not too good, so got advise from "FLO" and another i got a Celestron C6 just the tube now saving for a mount.

The other one came from Internet, its ok but not as expected, but i have sorted a few of the problems now waitng for a clear night!!!

To see things clearly, and i assume you mean large, closer, advise will be needed from those more experienced.

Reading the threads you can get quite a good scope n mount for a reasonable price.

I am sure the travelscope will come in handy for something.

Good luck

Archived