Narrowband

Dew problems help

I can see i am going to have a problem with dew on my new Meade 8" LS scope, I can't seem to find a dew shield for it, is there a generic one available. Also considering the electronic option as well.

Advise would be greatly appreciated. Did see one from the states that looked good.

Regards

Paul

Yes i have a roll of the stuff that they use for yoga matting and best part is its black. But even better is i pulled it out of a skip for free LOL. Iv made a couple of dew shields and also lined a nice travel box fot a Celestron SCT 8 inch ans still got a few meters left..It sticks together great like neoprean Once its stuck its stuck so making the dew shild a fraction smaller than the tube is great and makes it fit snugly to the scope

Osh

ive been trying to get suggestions on watts used eetc for electric dew heater,as i reckon a cheap alternative would be getting a vivarium heater,there are differant types,one i m lookig at is a heated cord,that if i find right wattage 14w prehaps,and wrap roend scope,google vivarium heaters and get advice on theme before you do it tho,just in case thers a problem i havent seen.if i get one i will let you know how it works.this costs £15-24 as apossed to near £100,cant beleive so much is charged for the telescope electrical tape etc,its so basic an item,o well thats western capital opertunism for you!

Hi Paul

I've just looked on the net , Telescope House has them Orion ones are cheaper and does the same job or the meade make up to you mate

Clear skies

Doug

Essex

--------------------------------------

Meade Lx90 ACF 8"

eyepieces ect

Archived