Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

x6gas

Ummm I don't want to jinx this but...

...there is a modicum of blue sky outside and the forecast seems to be for clearing skies with no cloud until 6 am.

Might I finally get a chance to try out my new kit?

I've blown it haven't I....:rolleyes:

I'm taking the scope outside just in case though.

#kissofdeath

...there is a modicum of blue sky outside and the forecast seems to be for clearing skies with no cloud until 6 am.

Might I finally get a chance to try out my new kit?

I've blown it haven't I....:rolleyes:

I'm taking the scope outside just in case though.

#kissofdeath

Yeah you've blown it - it will probably snow now! :eek:

Scope back inside - please feel free to recommence your evening!

Just typical, first clear night for ages and I've got to go out with SWMBO :rolleyes:

But weren't you telling me earlier that you're not feeling very well... perhaps you should stay in at let her go out by herself. I mean you wouldn't want to ruin her evening, would you... :eek:

Might be clear again around midnight apparently......I dont know if I will be able to stay awake till then only to be "dissapointed" again - whatever happens the obs wont be opened or the mounts setup might just bung a camera ona fixed tripod for some startrails again :rolleyes:

Yep. Blown it. All set up at 9pm and ready to start imaging. First the clouds rolled in and they are still there. And, now my imaging laptop has crashed anyway. Marvelous!

And at last I am too. :rolleyes:

That is until M81 reaches the meridian and then my mount says "Nooooo"! :eek:

Guiding tonite!!! :rolleyes::D

Just got some 20min subs from M42 along with some shorter ones for the core... gonna have a go at masks/layers (yikes!). Im just grabbing some more Ha from the Rosette before moving on to some L subs from M101. The wind has picked up a little bit though.

Edited by Uranium235

Guiding tonite!!! :rolleyes::D

Just got some 20min subs from M42 along with some shorter ones for the core... gonna have a go at masks/layers (yikes!). Im just grabbing some more Ha from the Rosette before moving on to some L subs from M101. The wind has picked up a little bit though.

I look forward to seeing the result. Ive just finished an hours worth of M42 in 10min bites for my first go at guiding. Shall see what comes out tomorrow :eek:

And another thick bank of cloud. There seems to be a lot of cloud forming off the north coast and dumping itself down here!

Just typical, first clear night for ages and I've got to go out with SWMBO :eek:

Just got back in, bit tipsy (bit more than tipsy:)), not got the right legs to go outside and wait for scope to cool down, (more like I'll be falling down before then), what a waste of a night for stargazing, but a good night for .................. can't think what it was good for :rolleyes:

Night folks