Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ1 SLR Dovetail

Stephen

This is the device you want.

It is available in the UK HERE for £16.00 plus p & p

You sir are an absolute legend :rolleyes:

im looking into this mount for furthering my astrophotography. how do you like it?

particularly Orion Adventures in Astro-Imaging Bundle | Orion Telescopes & Binoculars

I've not picked it up as yet, I've been offered one dirt cheap with motors so I thought I'd pick it up and plonk the SLR on it to while away some time whilst I save for the HEQ5 :eek: Will let you know once I get all sorted with it what I manage.

I have the 'desktop' version and to be honest, I think it is going to be fairly 'challenged' for astro-photography use but that's not going to stop me from trying some camera and 50mm widefield shots.

The truth is that it is fantastic value for money for lightweight use on a small 'rich field' refractor for visual use but rather crude in operation for imaging. I have modified mine to include a polarscope which will help but poor conditions have not allowed me to fully test it yet. Full details here.

Archived