sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Hi everyone from Belgium

Hi All,

I live in Belgium and since two month I am a happy owner of a Skywatcher 10" DOB. I have already more years of experience in astronomy, but this is my first big light bucket :-)). Astronomy is my hobby for lifetime !

As I see most people of this forum are living in UK, but your discussions are so informative and I think there are some really experienced people around here!

Now I am slowly discovering some places of improvements in my telescope, and there I would certainly like to ask your advise. The first "big action" I did was placing a Kendrick primary heater under the mirror, last weekend I built a secondary heater myself from resistors and lubricated the focuser, also eliminating wobbling ( instructions found on this forum, thanks ! ). Now I am busy to achieve a more perfect collimation, using a good laser collimator and reading advanced instructions.

This week is going to be exciting, since I can probably buy a second-hand SAC10 CCD. For the next months my biggest wish is to get a good EQ6 mount, and starting to search for good observation sites.

I think this would be it for introduction, have a nice time and starry nights everyone !

regards,

Jarbi

Welcome along Jarbi!!

That's a nice scope you have their and the views must be great!

Good to see you have already found some the topics useful :D

What is the light pollution like, where you live?

Welcome along Jarbi!!

That's a nice scope you have their and the views must be great!

Good to see you have already found some the topics useful :p

What is the light pollution like, where you live?

Hi Daz,

Thanks for your nice words ! There is unfortunately a huge light pollution here, you cannot see anything closer than 25-30 deg. to the horizon even from my relatively "dark" terras... :p Yesterday evening the sky was exceptionally quiet, but - even with this scope - I couldn't find M33 :D

One more reason to look for good sites asap, maybe in the Ardennes or in France.

Hello Jarbi

Welcome to SGL forums great to have another international member along

its shows just how good this site really is to keep attracting new members across the world love your setup and hope you manage to get your new mount soon :D

Welcome, Jarbi! Pull up and observing chair and join in! :D

As you may know from reading the discussions on collimation, I am a proponent of the Cheshire collimator, which is cheaper, more accurate, but less sexy than the laser collimator. Some people use a Cheshire to check their laser collimation... 8)