Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from N.Wales :)

RICHJ

I just thought I'd pop in and use my first post to say hello to all and congratulate everyone on such an informative and friendly forum (i've been lurking in the shadows for quite a while :rolleyes: )

Does anyone have any tips on getting my post count up without the old "nice scope" "great pics" posts as I'd love to have a nosey around the classifieds but I don't feel I have much to contribute as yet, being a newcomer to the hobby ?? There's so much info already posted that I'm sure i could answer many of my own questions by just using the search button ?

Thanks and Hi again

Rich

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Rich - From N.Wales too. I sense few would "stand on ceremony", if you were to ask a few (random, or pertinent!) questions. I tend to display the NEW posts, and, as luck would have it, a precise answer to the matter uppermost in my mind appeared... as if by chance, this very morning! :rolleyes:

Hi Rich and welcome to SGL :rolleyes:

You'll find there are many ways to join in - asking questions being the most popular. You may even be able to answer a few newbie questions with what you learn. Do you have a scope yet? if not then there's a lot of decisions and learning to do. Plus you need a knowledge of the sky - maybe there's something you can ask or pass on.

You'll soon be at 50 in no time just by joining in :eek:

Hi Rich, Welcome for me too. Have fun and hope you find your way to your equipment choice soon. Don't worry about asking questions that have already been tabled, equipment choice is all important and all to easy to waste hard earned cash on kit that does not fit he bill.

Dave Moulton

Wow.. what a welcome, many thanks again everyone :rolleyes:

I've just this morning ordered a Skywatcher explorer from martin at FLO after a fortnights mental merrygoround of decision making.

I think I may start a bit of a diary from a complete novices perspective from box to sky :eek:

Archived