Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from the great white North, Canada

Boondock Saint

Well from Northern Alberta and great sky conditions a shout out to everyone. I recently got a 102 Star navigator from one of my boys for X-mas and now picking up a 12' dob because i seriously hooked...lol. Sky condition here are great no light interference and learning constantly every night I have a chance to get out and enjoy the sites. Already building a observatory and got a friend who works at a plastic plant making me a 8" dome, handy having friends..:rolleyes:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Boondock, I think we have something in common. We are both in the north and we both love astronomy (I only have a 10" dob though --- money was an issue). We do have great skies but aren't you forgetting something? Frostbite! I don't know about you but I've had my share!

Isabelle :eek:

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to have another Canuck around!:rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I must admit I do envy your skies - if there any chance you can post a little of it here in the U.K, I've forgotten what a clear sky looks like let alone a dark one!

Is it my reading but I would have thought your dome needs to be a kittle bigger than 8 inches :rolleyes::D

Clear skies

James

Archived