SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

newish newbie

amkat

hi all from oxon just bought a sw skyliner 250p auto not had a scope for 15 months as it was sold after job loss last one was an neq6 with a 10" lx sct astro pics was my paln:confused: after many hours setting up clouds rolling in i want to just get out and see the sky for a while hence the 250p dob . had my first hour or two tonight trying out and after using a laser colmiator its sharp as a razor one thing if anyone can help the auto tracking :rolleyes: did as it said in the book but i think but all i can get is approx a min or two in a 25 m ep. at the set up it tells you to move to 0 off then on and move to my latt with the hand controll but the motor will not move i have to help it till it gets past 25 30 will the set up work by pushing it from 0 to my latt

how important is the ground level many thanks fingers crossed for some advice Andy.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

I have no knowledge of your scope so can't help with your question. Could post it over on the beginners or equipment help section to see if it gets a response there.

Clear skies in the meantime

James

Hi Andy and welcome to SGL :rolleyes:

Mine used to be the auto till I got the goto handset. With the auto I used to level it just for good practice really. Then I'd "set" the tube to horizontal, switch off then on again, then set the latitude by pointing at polaris and "set" again.

The all you need to do is move it with the arrows (or manually) and it should track for a good half hour. If it won't raise the tube without manual help then you either have a balance problem (not uncommon) or a weak battery pack. I use a 17ah pack which never fails if fully charged. Hope that helps :eek:

hi thanks for your help i have ordered the synscan upgrade hand set from Teleskop Service . how did you find the goto option ? i have come from an neq6 setup to the flexi tube just wondered if the goto works as well ??? thanks Andy

The goto works great - sometimes slightly off center but mostly the object appears somewhere in a wide angle ep (25mm+) - and easilly corrected with the PAE and/or higher power ep. For visual use absolutely fine - can even be used for webcam imaging of planets.

It's sensitive to whereabouts in the sky you are - so small local slews are fine but large slews allmost allways mean use of the PAE - but it's quite easy once you get used to it :rolleyes:

Archived