Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Thinking of getting Turn left at Orion on my Kindle as there are no photos just line drawings so I'am led to believe by you guys.

Is there anybody out there that has a Kindle version of it that could let me no if its ok or any other comments anybody else on the Kindle version thanks

The Kindle can do photos - just try the free Times subscription for 2 weeks.

Not got TLAO, but sure it will great on Kindle.

I've not got the kindle version of TLAO, I did get a photography book on it (a PDF) full of pics and it works fine, albeit in mono... The only thing I have found, as the PDF is not designed for Kindle, the pages aren't ideal and you have to move around a lot..

If you're looking at the kindle version, this shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by jgs001

Not wanting to hijack the thread but with captive Kindle users in dialogue I wanted to ask can you get the main astro mags in a format for Kindle, S&T, AN,S&N?

I don't believe so, check in the magazines listed on the Amazon Kindle shop

Download the sample it looks good from the first couple of chapters, I did and am still in two minds whether to buy it. I do have the book but for just picking up and reading I always grab the kindle.

Thanks for all your replies think I might go for it as there is a kindle version of TLAO will let you all no how it look

If anyone has a PDF you can convert it to mobi format and many others in the excellent free prog 'Calibre'

David

No - Calibre reformats them usually nicely. I have had issues where the pdf includes formulae, then it the formatting goes a bit squiffy!

That worked brilliantly... not more messing with orientation and zooming... Nice one. Thanks.