Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

digital photos

I did the same only a couple of weeks ago. Try Iso 800 and an exposure of about 30seconds. Any more and you will start to get star trails. Or go for a nice long exposure of 5 mins and admire the trails!

Oh and remember to postthe results!

I just pointed in to space and took the piccie. I was wanting a nice widefield shot to see what I could capture. I am thinking you are wanting to do the same? If so open the aperature as wide as it will go to get the most light in. I am thinking this is the case for all astro shots, you want max light in so open the aperature as much as it will go.

widest aperture you can etc, ISO 800, keep away from polaris and at 50mm focal length you should be able to do 30 seconds without startrails. Closer to polaris you loose some exposure time. Or just do as long an exposure as your light pollution will allow and enjoy the trails, i like em :D

Archived