SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Quick Horse in 115 apo...

ollypenrice

Bit of a rush, this, and I hope to add more data then move on to get the Flame. Then combine with the Horsey data Helen and I got in the TEC140 in the autumn. About time on the colour, Helen. Sorry!!

This was a scant 2 hours with an Altair Astro 115 f7 apo and Atik 4000 one shot colour on EM200 mount. 10 minute subs. No Ha, hasty process. Sorry about the noise but I only got the setup on the mount quite late on in the proceedings.

Olly

Ooh, first light for a new lightbox as well. Seem to have a good spectrum this time.

1197322521_vA3Ps-XL.jpg

very sharp, good colour and nice round stars...what more do you need

... a bit of Ha from the TEC140, taken with Helen:

1197516625_ATexK-X2.jpg

Cheers Peter. Another 2 to 3 hours on the colour would make a big difference. I was really unlucky with satellites last night as well. Cost me three subs.

Olly

That looks very nice indeed, blue nebula top middle is quite detailed and stars are just splendid.

John.

Yes, I was very impressed indeed by this 115 apo's images. I am stuck for the right spacers till tomorrow so my chip was a whopping 8mm too close the the flattener. Clearly this flattener is very tolerant like those on SCTs but very unlike our Takahashi!! In the pic the short exposure time prohibited any sharpening so what you see is straight from the lens. It is a cracker in my book, this triplet.

Olly

Vivien Stanshall. and North is still up.

Dennis

That's the fella. Well done, Dennis. As for North, we need to see if any members from Ecuador would prefer a horizontal presentation.

While all this rambling is going on I am happy to say that more data is flowing onto the Atik's chip but I am keeping warm in my luxury hut....

Olly

Archived