Narrowband

First ever Imaging attempt

ribuck

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey TJ,

it looks like there's not going to be any clear sky for the next week or so where i am, so are you ok if i just run ccdinspector over my first image attempt. I know the image isn't perfect due to tracking errors but at least it should give you some idea.

Rich.

Glad your up and running Rich... very nice first image...

I personally wouldn't change from the QHY to a Synguider - I think you would find it "frustrating"...

Keep an eye out for a Meade DSI ( I or II Mono or Color) they make excellent guidecams... I use them with a 500mm F8 telephoto lens and never have problems findign guidestars - but you will need to provide a guideport I use a Shoestring Astronomy GPUSB...

The ability to pick a guide star anywhere in the FOV of the guidecam helps a lot with framing..

The Synguider needs its guidestars to be close to the center of its chip which is probably why Skywatcher sell their adjustable guidescope mount.. I prefer a ridgidly fixed guidescope and PHD Guide with the obs setup...

The Synguider does get used in the "field" though with widefield imaging using camera lenses the small mount adjustments needed to center a guide star are neither here or there...

Peter...

Hi guys thansk for the kind words. Bob, it was just a Mono Luminous sub so there was no colour in the image.

I'm busy rebulding my laptop now as it went into complete melt down, so hopefully I will be back up and running tonight, and with fresh installs of software and drivers, everything should be a lot more stable, (i.e. QHY5 not throwing tantrums every 2 secs)

Rich.

Archived