Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Wonders of the Universe

Uranium235

Cant wait for this one to kick off :o

Hopefully they will go into depth on various object types (galaxies, nebulae, black holes etc), and please WONT mention aliens (apart from the microbes that probably already exist out there). As soon as a prog goes into the realms of unlikely speculation, my brain rejects it...lol :)

In addition, the trailer (and hopefully the programme) has used the fillmscore track from Sunshine... nice pick, one of my faves, very uplifting. :(

Ahhhh... no way!!! :)

Ive found that soundtrack I was on about, its so good I almost wet myself! I love strings that progress in that fashion.... awesome, just awesome! :o:D:D

Artist: John Murphy

Title: Sunshine (Adagio in D minor)

Listen here:

The book comes out on the 3rd...just ordered mine. Really looking forward to this series, it was the first series that partly inspired me to learn more about the solar system and to purchase a telescope (which, because of the weather, I haven't been able to try out yet!).

Its not that its completely unlikely, the universe is a massive place. But I cant stand it when progs go into a pants CGI animation of "what they may look like". I watched a few of the recent Steven Hawking programmes not too long ago (cant remember its title, I think it was on C4) and was really disappointed - too much speculation, not enough science.

Its better to focus on what we know, or on what we are trying to discover/create.

Hoping for another "Cosmos" might be a bit too much to expect, I doubt the series will be more than 6 episodes, not unless the beeb does a second series (which they probably might due to demand!).

Like others, really looking forward to this programme. Wonders of the Solar System was great. It should be fairly easy to follow too. His way of explaining the retrograde of mars - burnt end of stick, drawing circles and some rocks - simple but made perfect sense. Roll on the 6th.