SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DIY folding Observing Chair w/ Plans!

Ad Astra

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for sending me the link Ad Astra, I wonder how many new power tools I can buy to make this? Oh by the way, my wife may be slightly less than happy with you over this...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/22/2011 at 16:57, Ad Astra said:

Several kind SGL'ers have shown kind interest in my DIY observer's chair, so I have decided to make a thread for it here. ;)

Thanks for posting this! I'm just about to begin building an observing chair myself and this has been really useful to me :)

• 2 years later...

Many years ago I made myself a very inexpensive Denver chair and it has served me well enough, though I've long wanted to improve on it in a few areas. About four years ago I built an observing chair very similar to this one from plans I found online. The only material difference I see is I used wooden dowels rather than pipe.

I've decided to build myself this viewing chair because the Denver chair doesn't have enough height to use with my frac or cat, though I'll likely go with the wooden dowel rods in this build as well.

Thanks for making this available!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Spile said:

My version of the Denver chair used for the first time tonight and although not light it is solid and really does make observing more comfortable.

IMG_20210209_094211.jpg

IMG_20210209_094226.jpg

IMG_20210209_094232.jpg

Looks great 👍🏻 

And blends in with the local weather conditions 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1