Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_satellites_v2.jpg

Ad Astra

DIY folding Observing Chair w/ Plans!

30 posts in this topic

Looks fantastic ! I am going to have a go. Only issue I can see is making the notched rails.... Could drill the holes with a woodworking brace and then saw down the middle across the diameter of the holes.

you might also clamp the rails together tightly then drill down with a pillar drill

Thanks for sending me the link Ad Astra, I wonder how many new power tools I can buy to make this? Oh by the way, my wife may be slightly less than happy with you over this...

On 2/22/2011 at 16:57, Ad Astra said:

Several kind SGL'ers have shown kind interest in my DIY observer's chair, so I have decided to make a thread for it here. ;)

Thanks for posting this! I'm just about to begin building an observing chair myself and this has been really useful to me :)