Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

William Optics 1.25" Dielectric Star Diagonal ( Carbon Fibre)

Damo636

Hi everyone

I am considering upgrading the diagonal on my Tal 100RS to a William Optics Dielectric part, the one with the carbon fibre sides. What i am wondering is will i notice much of a difference from the standard diagonal? The Tal is already pretty sharp with the standard diagonal so i guess i'm wondering would i be wasting £65!

Cheers

Damo

I doubt you will notice any difference to be honest. If your scope was one with a real cheapie diagonal then possibly but the TAL diagonals are not at all bad, just not as smart looking as the Williams Optics ones !.

Hi everyone

I am considering upgrading the diagonal on my Tal 100RS to a William Optics Dielectric part, the one with the carbon fibre sides. What i am wondering is will i notice much of a difference from the standard diagonal? The Tal is already pretty sharp with the standard diagonal so i guess i'm wondering would i be wasting £65!

Cheers

Damo

Damo,

I purchased a WO diagonal a few weeks ago for my 8 year old Tal 100RS and did notice a slight difference on the moon and Jupiter,the views were sharp and crisper with the WO.

However,the Tal diagonal I have may have degraded slightly over the year as I stored the scope outside in the garage.

If youre scope is still fairly new I dont think you'll notice any difference to the stock Tal diagonal as they are pretty good.

Jon

PS.I have posted a picture of scope & WO diagonal in the Tal group.

I recently got a WO diagonal to upgrade the not so strong original diagonal. I bought mine second hand, and whilst it doesn't get a lot of use, I'm mainly imaging now, I wanted something that can hold my Hyperions without me worrying about the support under them. It's much heavier and sturdier than the original diagonal I have.

• 4 months later...

In my opinion.. a waste. I've just switched from a SW to a TAL and love the quality. I've had a few of the WO dielectrics in my time. I'm sticking to the TAL now.

In my opinion.. a waste. I've just switched from a SW to a TAL and love the quality. I've had a few of the WO dielectrics in my time. I'm sticking to the TAL now.

They had a nice 1.25" TAL diagonal on Astroboot a week or so ago - or did you nab that one Rob ;)

Its a while since i originally posted this thread but to update i am now using the WO Dielectric Carbon Fibre diagonal with the RS and imho its superb. The build quality is excellent and the brass compression ring holds my Hyperions nice and safely. As to the views i couldn't see any real difference to the Tal diagonal but prefered the overall fit and finish of the WO part.

Archived