Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CIRRUS NEBULA PART OF THE NETWORK NEBULA

CELESCOPE

With nothing else to do , i decided to re process the Cirrus nebula , with Maxim DDP worked a treat , far more stars ,and more detail in this very faint web like nebula ,

Cheers

Rog

image.jpg

Thats a great piece of work Rog.

Superb job all round Rog. The processing has brought out the detail wonderfully. Lots of questions from me - what DDP filter did you use? Do you just run it the once on an unstretched FIT? What cut off did you use?

Great image Rog - loads of detail in there !

Maxim DDP is, so I understand, the same piece of software as the DDP routine in ImagesPlus that I've started using. It was apparently produced bya guy in Japan. Sometimes it produces an excellent result, but not with all images.

8)

MD

thats right MD , its something i have learnt to do recently , although i had it for some time , i could not get on with it , mainly cus i was not using it in the correct way , it is now only for the last couple of months i have cottened on the right way lol, its an amazing bit of technique,

Cheers

Rog

MD the basic DDP was developed by a Japenese chap but the method of implentation in Maxim is quite different from ImagesPlus. IP is much more user friendly, just decide whether you want any sharpening or not and move the slider over. Maxim has a variety of filter options but no slider. I can't get it to work for me but Rog has the secret formulae!

Martin

I'd looked at both Maxim DL and ImagesPlus before I bought IP.

I could see that the graphic interfaces were different, but knew they were both based on the same computer algorithm. I went for the cheaper software, being a Yorkshire man !

Pressing 'Auto' on IP on an unstretched image using DPP gives a good indication of how much data you have. Generally moving just one slider while watching the screen produces an image that is 80% there. It's getting that important 20% extra that's difficult !

MD

Archived