SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Talk By Dr Andrew Coats...

At the Tiverton and Mid Devon Astronomy Society.

"From conception to launch, find out how Venus Express came into being and catch up on the very latest news and views from this orbiter."

Andrew Coates is Head of Space Plasma and Planetary Physics and Reader in Physics at University College London's Mullard Space Science Laboratory.

A facinating lecture..From a very warm and welcoming group....I don't normally do "Clubs" or "Societies" But i'll give this one a go.

I took Steve ......Just incase I didn't have any one to talk to!.....I think he enjoyed it!

We came back to my place for a brew and de-brief and what got me was that we had just met a bloke that had designed and built a piece of electronic equipment that is currently orbiting another planet sending back important data on the effects of solar plasma on planets with no magnetic field!

This is the group...

http://www.tivas.org.uk/index.html

The link to Dr. Coates's web siie is down at the moment...Soon as it's back up i'll update.

Archived