Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellerium help/question

stardad

I loaded it onto my PC the other day and it took over my whole desk top.

I couldn't shut the programme down or access any of my other documents, start page and in the end had to turn the PC off to get out of it.

Does anyone know of any tutorials for the programme that people talk so much about. I'm a little loathed at opening it again.

bring your mouse to the bottom of the screen, and a nav-bar will show, to the right are a few buttons like a tape deck, one is to close the app the others speed up real time etc. mouse over to the left and another bar will show, in this one is a settings menu, where im sure you can alter screen size.

Hope this helps

Dave

Hi stardad, as others have said move your mouse to the bottom of the screen to access the menus (one along the bottom and one on the left for various options).

If you want to have a look at some documentation try the Stellarium User Guide here Category:User's Guide - Stellarium Wiki

it's a guide on an older version .. development outpacing documentation! But it will give you a good idea of the options in the programme.

IF you get the nav bar open you will see a little black icon in the bottom left corner. Clicking on this will lock the nav bar open (can be done with the left nav bar too)

This then leaves the close button ready for use when required.

Stellarium is a very good program and certainly worth learning to use.

It doesn't "take over" your desktop, it is simply written to run full-screen by default and the toolbars auto-hide, thus giving a clean view.

Stellarium has been written to run happily on Windows, Mac' and Linux and it doesn't have the typical "Windows" look and feel. Don't let that put you off :)

As Rob says F11 will make it run windowed so you will have your usual closing "X" in the corner.

CNTRL + Q will also tell the programme to quit.

Archived