SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Fed up...

Coco

I made a decision after XMAS, if I don't get 10 hours of data in before Easter I'm out of the imaging hobby... I'll buy another Astrotrac (sold one before... :o ) and an 8" light bridge that's my lot..

I'll take the kids to Disney by way of an apology for being too greedy.. I now need another 7 hours worth then Disney can stick it! :)

Hey Guy

I too am a bit ticked off with the predicible nature of our "unpredictible" North West weather deciding to only clear up when either my equipment is playing up or damaged or I have bought a new piece of equipment or the moon is full or we have a social engagement as the clouds roll back and reveal perfect conditions but then we are tired and have lost momentum.

I still maintain an interest and will always love the heavens I now know so much better.

I would probably get more use out of a piece of equipment as portable and convenient as the asrtotrack but would always want to see and photograph futher and longer.

I guess we are destined to strive for balance!?

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Bryan

Yes it must be a real pain for you imagers with all that kit sitting idle within a dedicated area to control it all, no one wins with this weather :o

like spaceboy I have bought one of two items since christmas but have not been able to take advantage of the few decent nights since, mostly its been terrrible though :)

I've just sold my PST and imaging setup, with no replacements. So hopefully that will appease the cloud gods and give you guys some clear skies. If not, hopefully selling the dob in the next few weeks will do the job instead.

@ Peter, before you start dribbling, you wouldn't have a 9x50 finder somewhere in your flock of boxes somewhere would you ? :)

Nadeem.

Only the one I butchered into a finder guider to test the synguider... i still want to try it with a DSI incase they ever fix the guiding on the EQ3 Pro... but havent had the weather...

Peter...

I've just sold my PST and imaging setup, with no replacements. So hopefully that will appease the cloud gods and give you guys some clear skies. If not, hopefully selling the dob in the next few weeks will do the job instead.

I'll don't think you need to do that, as the Thursday, saturday and possibly sunday is looking good for me :)

Nadeem.

I'll don't think you need to do that, as the Thursday, saturday and possibly sunday is looking good for me :)

Nadeem.

Oh i hope so, although here in the south we only have a short period Saturday night which is forecast clear.

Guy, what if somebody gave you 10 hours of data does, that count :) Weather has been really bad, I was expecting the winter to be a good part of the year. I know you get longer nights, but all they have given us is longer periods of cloud and rain :(

Historically, I've found that April is usually the best (clearest skies) month - with a few weeks either side in late March/early May.

After that the sun sets too late to get any sensible amounts of imaging in without making it a late night.

Typical.... am in the lakes tonight... Met office says its cloudy all weekend and I keep popping out the caravan (to get a cold beer) and the sky looks like spilled salt on a velvet black table cloth.. No scope & no bins :)

Typical.... am in the lakes tonight... Met office says its cloudy all weekend and I keep popping out the caravan (to get a cold beer) and the sky looks like spilled salt on a velvet black table cloth.. No scope & no bins :(

Let me get this right.... :)

You are in the Lake District, in a caravan, all weekend?

I am presuming that you had more than 5 minutes warning of this weekend away, in a caravan, in the Lake district. Yet you still chose to believe the met office and not bother to take even the teeniest of binoculars or travel scope?

:p

Sir, my flabber is well and truly ghasted.

Archived