Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope help

Hi all,

Can anyone offer me help or/and advice?

I am looking for a telescope for deep space objects that will also be good for imaging. Oh yeah I'm also not so rich that I don't know what to do with my cash so if someone can recommend somthing affordable that would be great :)

I know all of you must get 100's of these types of question so thank you for taking the time to answer or even just read mine.

Andy,

I believe its been stated in the forums that its difficult to find one reasonably priced scope that will do both.(Visual and imaging work on DSO'S).

For visual views of DSO's consider a 8-10" reflector.(On a Dob mount cheaper -or more expensive on a EQ mount but you can upgrade it to image later).

For imaging the same DSO's many are using a quality 80mm refractor and sturdy mounts with excellent tracking ability.However visually those 80mm scopes will lag way behind on what a 8-10" reflector will show on DSO's.

Jon

Andy,

I believe its been stated in the forums that its difficult to find one reasonably priced scope that will do both.(Visual and imaging work on DSO'S).

For visual views of DSO's consider a 8-10" reflector.(On a Dob mount cheaper -or more expensive on a EQ mount but you can upgrade it to image later).

For imaging the same DSO's many are using a quality 80mm refractor and sturdy mounts with excellent tracking ability.However visually those 80mm scopes will lag way behind on what a 8-10" reflector will show on DSO's.

Jon

Can you do imaging with a rflector then? Or would a 127mm do the job?

Can you do imaging with a rflector then? Or would a 127mm do the job?

Andy,

Any scope will do some sort of imaging,but for DSO consider a small reflector 6-8" EQ mounted and driven or the 80mm refractor.

The 127mm? is that the SW Mak,if so that is more of a planetary/lunar scope.

Jon

Archived