SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hale-Bopp images

StarryEyes

They are excellent images guys :) i thought it was every seventy odd

years it returns or am i thinking of a different one :eek:

I think you mean Halley's Comet Kris, every 76 years I think.

A bit of a damp squib last visit to the sun.:rolleyes:

Ron.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didmy basic training on dartmoor when HB was going past in April 97. Instead of being tactical and alert on night patrols I spent the time staring upwards and tripping over!

I've got some bino sketches of HB and H which I'll post tomorrow once I've scanned them in.

Mark

Re IRAS: (Tetenterre) - I think the bright one was Iras-Araki-Alcock, wasn't it? I remember it because of the fuzziness and the angular velocity across the evening sky. Unfortunately, my Ma in Law was with us so I couldn't attempt a pic of it....

Did anyone get a good one?

Chris

Lets see if I can pop up one of my Hale-Bopp shots from 1997leolion-albums-leolion-s-album-picture9237-comet-hale-bopp-taken-f-4-5-agfa-isolette-120-format.html . This was on Fuji Provia 400 ASA and scanned with my Epson 4490 Scanner . A G Y Haig Scotch Mount was used and an Agfa Isolette 85 mm f 4.5 lens . Shot from the back garden over the house roof.

I love comets (starting from Arend Roland and Mrkos in 1957 ). My next bright one was West on March 6 th 1976 and this on e from a lovely dark site above Glenridding in the Lakes . They are great both when bright and as a faint 'fuzzy'.

Lets see if I can pop up one of my Hale-Bopp shots from 1997leolion-albums-leolion-s-album-picture9237-comet-hale-bopp-taken-f-4-5-agfa-isolette-120-format.html . This was on Fuji Provia 400 ASA and scanned with my Epson 4490 Scanner . A G Y Haig Scotch Mount was used and an Agfa Isolette 85 mm f 4.5 lens . Shot from the back garden over the house roof.

I love comets (starting from Arend Roland and Mrkos in 1957 ). My next bright one was West on March 6 th 1976 and this on e from a lovely dark site above Glenridding in the Lakes . They are great both when bright and as a faint 'fuzzy'.

Wheres your picture? :rolleyes:

Hi StarryEyes , Re 'Missing image' Twas my first image posting on here and it has not ended up where I expected but try this :- Right click on the 'non image' icon .A menu will appear. Click on 'Open image in a new tab . Check for the new tab and click to see. Hope that works . You could also look here Flickr: LeoLion2010's Photostream for a few others.

Hi StarryEyes , Re 'Missing image' Twas my first image posting on here and it has not ended up where I expected but try this :- Right click on the 'non image' icon .A menu will appear. Click on 'Open image in a new tab . Check for the new tab and click to see. Hope that works . You could also look here Flickr: LeoLion2010's Photostream for a few others.

Cool, thanks.

What medium format camera did you use? I love Provia film, its great for cross processing as well, I've used it quite a bit to do cross processed landscapes.

Cool, thanks.

What medium format camera did you use? I love Provia film, its great for cross processing as well, I've used it quite a bit to do cross processed landscapes.

The camera in use was an Agfa Isolette 85 mm fl f 4.5 just like this fella Agfa Isolette and its still capable so long as I can acquire film . I have a 'big beast' to play with yet and that is a Kiev 60 ( 6 x 6 cm ) SLR with lenses from 30 mm (fisheye) to 250 mm focal length.

Have a look at Mikeyscope's photos on Flickr for medium format astrophotography http:/

/www.flickr.com/photos/30477065@N07/ . He is from Scotland (Border area) and is a Kielder Star Party regular . I think he was using a Tak EM200 mount the last time I saw him up there ( It must be at least 3 years since I've headed up to Kielder )

Archived