Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL6 - Astro Jumble - get sorting out...!!

Helen

Last year at SGL5 we had a small bring and buy event. This year we're aiming BIG :o

So...... we're planning on setting aside time, and significant space in the big marquee, so that on Saturday we can hold the UK's biggest Astro Jumble (well someone's already bagged the Astroboot name :)).

Its time to get sorting! This is the opportunity to get rid of that 7th mount that you were keeping 'just in case', and the wedge that is taking up floor space but is too big to contemplate posting, and those 3 eyepieces that came with the scope but have never been used.....etc, etc.

What might you have? or is there anything you'd like?

Helen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You joke about the wedge Helen, if there's room in the car........

Steve

I'm thinking the same Steve. I've got a lovely wedge, very hard to come by, and am trying to work out what are the chances of me ever using it again? Space in the car might be the determining factor (I may need to hire a van as it is :))

Helen

an unopened LinITX 8.4" 4:3 VGA/Composite Monitor with Touchscreen - Industrial TFT Panel will be coming along for sale. List price is close to £300 but I'd be happy with a lot less or a CCD camera :)

I bought two of them but decided I only needed one of them to supplement my laptop screen. So I have PHD guiding on the LCD panel and everything else on the laptop.

If the weather is pants for the six nights I'm there the NEQ6 Pro mount might end up in the River Wye lol

• 2 weeks later...

I might have a few bits;

WO FF/FR II / 'Borg filter sandwich' parts

WO 2" carbon diagonal

An 8x (or maybe it's a 10x) 50 right angle finder with finderscope rings

Digital SLR Astrophotography (book) by Michael A Covington

A 6m serial cable for EQMOD control of and EQ6 Pro through the hand controller

A 6m serial shutter cable for Canon DSLRs (Brand new and Un-used from Astronomiser)

A USB to serial adapter that works reliably with either of the above

Hi Helen,

Great idea!!!

I hope to have 4 Meade 4000 eyepieces plus a possible Meade 5000 for sale after getting some useful advice on eyepieces from more experienced attendees between Tuesday and Friday evenings.

People can try the eyepieces out on their equipment or see them in action on my dob, weather permitting of course, before the AstroJumble on Saturday.

Cheers

Adrian

Hope the jumble sale is on early as I have to leave on Saturday morning.

I'll have a root through my kit, bound to be cables and adaptors I no longer use. I know I have a 30mm revelation SuperView 2" EP for sale (people welcome to try before they buy) and a binocular mounting thingy with a bubble level in it.

Edit: Just remembered I have an 8" Mylar solar filter to flog as well

I arrive two weeks tomorrow - woohoo!

Cheers, Martin

We thought we'd run it around lunchtime on Saturday as that's when most people would be around, but I'm sure there'll be scope for conversations etc beforehand (and just working through how we might use the Welcome Tent as a way of connecting people for help, sales etc...)

Helen

Great minds think alike Michael :hello2: I've now got some big sheets of whiteboard covering which I can attach to csome hardboard (I'm trying to ensure that with all the things I need to bring I've still got room for a scope :hello2:). I need to remember white board pens though :hello2:

Helen

I have a Mazda MX5 :hello2:

But Mike has a Subaru Legacy ;)..... and then there's Jean's car, and my Dad has even offered to bring some stuff up if I need it :hello2:

I don't do packing light at the best of times so add camping (and the need for loads of extra warth layers), astro gear, and all the paraphanalia for the logitics of tea tents and welcome tents etc and I have no hope :hello2:

Helen

I've got my eye on a transit van.....

Anyway...

2" SCA

PowerLine 200m Bridge

Small Dovetail

Large Dovetail (Extra holes, slightly wonky)

Small Ali Case

Medium Ali Case

1.25" T-adapter

Red Filter

Plus I have a good few USB leads that will be freely available to those that need/want them

Can I bag one or two of those leads mate? I think one of mine is on it's way out...

I'll be bringing a barely used copy of Turn Left At Orion, couple of medium dovetails, probably some other bits & bobs :hello2:..

Tony..

Archived