Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bargain torch, book, map and planishere package on the bay!

astroimpulse

Thought I'd spread this in case it's useful.

Looking for a red torch I stumbled across this package on the bay:

Mini Stargazer 3-in-1 binocular astronomy kit

1: Guide book (Stargazing with Binoculars by Robin Scagell and David Frydman. This is normally around £8 in the shops)

2: Large fold-out star map

3: Planisphere star and constellation finder

4: Red LED torch (which is all I was looking for in the first place)

£9.99 inc shipping :) Considering the price the book retails at...it's a bargain IMHO :o

I've just bought one so I'll update the thread when it arrives.

Mini Stargazer 3-in-1 astronomy kit with red LED torch on eBay (end time 26-Feb-11 12:50:53 GMT)

Arrived today and well worth the tenner.

The torch is fine. Not worth the £8 they want for it on it's own but does it's job and with this kit is value for money.

The star map is spot on.

The planisphere is a little small for me...but decent as you'd expect from Philips.

The Book is excellent!

All in all...well worth the money.

ps. When it turned up it was apparent (invoice) that Binocular Bargains is yet another business name of The Astronomy and Nature Centre! Along with Scopes n Skies and Pulsar...why do they have so many names! I wouldn't have used them if I'd known as I vowed never to return to Scopes n Skies. :)

Archived