SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

dso with 150p

I think maybe you would have more success imaging the moon, and brighter planets TC.

The 150 is more suited to that than DSO's, which require a guided mount to achieve the length of exposures required for such Images. If you get the bug, it could affect your wallet badly :).

Ron.

Not wishing to disagree with someone much more experienced than me, but you can start imaging DSOs with a 150mm Newt.

If you have a look in the imaging section you can see what I've managed with 30 sec exposures using a DSLR prime focus on my C6N unguided (and actually with a poorly alighed mount).

Not wishing to disagree with someone much more experienced than me, but you can start imaging DSOs with a 150mm Newt.

If you have a look in the imaging section you can see what I've managed with 30 sec exposures using a DSLR prime focus on my C6N unguided (and actually with a poorly alighed mount).

You are at liberty to disagree, the 150 is a capable telescope, but I'm assuming it's on an EQ3 mount, and I believe you yourself have your C6N is on a CG-5.

I hope I am wrong, and TC can produce some dso results. I don't want to dissuade him from trying.

Ron.

Archived