Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 1805 Heart Nebula - Hubble Palette

Grinde

Hi folks!

Here's my first attempt at the hubble palette, 99% full moon & -21°C the night I shot this, so I'm very pleased with the result. I'm using S2/Ha/O3 for RGB, & Ha for Luminance. I never thought I'd be trying this out, just 4 weeks after reciving my first CCD, but seeing Werners awesome shots made me want to try it out myself. It might not be the 'exact' hubble palette color tones, but I ended up this way & liked it alot, so here it is:

I added five 20min frames from my last attempt at the Heart, giving me a total of:

S2: 7*20min / 140 min

Ha: 8*20min / 160 min

O3: 6*20min / 120 min

7 hours exposure time for this one, which is more time I had last season in total :glasses1:

I had some gradients in the left part of the channels too, especially in O3, sorted out with adjustment layers & the gradient tool in Photoshop, any easier way? First time I've experienced this, what's the 'cause of the gradients, other than "blame it on the moon" ? :)

5461789819_e3936891a3_b.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a truly remarkable image! Fifteen years ago, who would have thought that images like this could be produced by amateur astronomers?

I didn't think images like this could be produced by an amateur astronomers before signing up here in January.

Stunning, I just love the colours.

Guys, I'm speechless, thank you soo much for the positive response! :) Finally I got a full night of uninterupted imaging, it's been a long road building powerpacks that last, learning to use all the gear, processing, hours & hours reading forums, picking up advice, but all the hard work finally paid off, been dreaming of producing this kind of results ever since I first read about HST palette & narrowband imaging about 1 year ago, & decided that I'm going to try it out someday. Thanks alot!

Superb!!!!! Wish I was in Sweden!!!!

What camera, scope etc

Fay

Sry, I forgot to add:

Mobile setup, QSI 583wsg, Takahashi FSQ-106EDX f/5, EQ6 Synscan

Captured with MaximDL, Focusmax, robofocus w offsets for changing focus between filters, guided with off-axis Lodestar & PHDguiding, small asus netbook & 12V 95Ah homebuilt portable powerpack

Here's a link to my HaRGB version of the Heart, which I took some of the Ha data from: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/128961-ic-1805-reprocessed.html

Archived