SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

camp bed

malc-c

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The other thing to consider for a good nights sleep when camping is a wide mouthed completely watertight bottle marked with a very large and obvious letter P, so that you don't have to go traipsing around the site in the middle of the night.....

For us girls its a bucket - its just like being in Holloway really :)

The other thing to consider for a good nights sleep when camping is a wide mouthed completely watertight bottle marked with a very large and obvious letter P, so that you don't have to go traipsing around the site in the middle of the night.....

With any luck you'll be sleeping during the day anyway...

• 1 month later...

Ian and I slept on this at SGL6.

http://www.winfieldsmegastore.com/coleman-queen-size-raised-quickbed-p-205080-c-not-applicable.html

We had two warm, comfortable nights' sleep - with no 'roll together'!

It's as big as my double bed at home and it's really thick. With a quilted underblanket and a sleeping bag under us, as well as a duvet and thermal blanket on top, we were toasty.

Luxury indeed....mmmmm....:icon_eek:

any one used the "readybed range", its an inflatable with duvet fitted, removes for washing and comes with a battery pump to inflate, i use a double when my lass comes with me fishing and we sleep pretty well on it, though it loses a little air overnight

If I had the money to buy THIS I would get it in a shot :icon_eek: But being as I don't, I just got a few of those folding camp-beds from Go outdoors for a fiver :rolleyes:

i have one of those for our camping its as comortable as my bed at home camping is so much easier after a good nights sleep

If doing on the cheap as you say, you can also put hypothermia foil sheet under your airbed (otherwise known as bacofoil), and the old explorer trick of zipping you spare jacket up and putting the bottom of your sleeping bag in it to keep you feet extra warm.

Done that and it works wonders.

Another one is puuting the clothes you just took off and rolling. Them losely to pack the sleeping bag's compression carry bag to make a pillow. Keeps the tent tidy, stops your clothes getting damp and goes an extra mile to letting you forget that you're freezing and in a muddy field.

i have one of those for our camping its as comortable as my bed at home camping is so much easier after a good nights sleep

Does it fit in your tent well? I really like the look of it, but that's me lol! Aerobeds are apparently the best airbeds out there....expensive though :icon_eek: I like the headboard and the height, more like a proper bed :rolleyes:

I also use the silver thermal blankets on my airbeds, I put some picnic rugs down on the floor first, then airbed, silver thermal sheet under the sleeping bag....and if i'm really feeling cold I put another sleeping bag inside the other one....toasty :D

Archived