Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 19th Feb

johnh

SPX350 F34, PGRFlea3, Astrodon filters.

Another night with good seeing but not as good as last few days and a mist seemed evident as night went on.

Main storm moved off and can see smaller fainter specks in band below storm.

R RGB 1504hrs UT.

GIF red channel.

Thanks, John.

post-15219-133877534864_thumb.png

post-15219-133877534882_thumb.gif

Its interesting seeing the other regions that are not being posted as much, as is here John with the storm passing round, can see the fainter specks below, 2 things they are very interesting. and thats really showing you the resolution your getting. You can now study these subtle storm systems, for any major changes, So both interesting from a science perspective, and beutiful in a artistic way. Ive tended to lean more in the artistic camp. beauty for beautys sake. But often will find the science fascinating too, as here. Nice work

I have yet to image Saturn, and fear with the never ending clouds, light pollution and poor seeing that I never will!

That is a truly breathtaking image, but I have to ask what kind of setup you used that night, my first night "observing" Saturn, was a gloriously fuzzy blob, with a pair of ears! :)

Thanks for comments. CKemu I use a 14" Newt from OrionOptics which pushes things a little further but I am a UK guy now in Brisbane Downunder so Saturn is 67deg alt whereas in UK it is much lower and going to be fuzzy, clear skies and seeing here of late has been wonderful.

Thanks Brian, I feel more like a beginner that got lucky, no doubt I will come to Earth with a crash when seeing returns to mud.

Freddy saw your image on IIS forum taken near same time and interesting to see the dust in ring at same position.

We have storms here at the moment but no hail thankfully, speak soon - John.

Archived