SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SPECIAL FOR MOONDOG M78

CELESCOPE

Said i would reprocess an old image for MD not agood one ,as i remember the wind was bad ,so gave up after 20 subs , but at least you can see the reflection neb , not sure how much can be seen visual , never tried myself, i will however have a better go at this when this wind drops , another clear night here ,but so windy , not worth getting the scope out , but i think this would look great taken through the ED100 , KEEP FINGERS CROSSED ,But this is not an easy one to get , very similar to the Iris nebula , a right pig to get

:D

Rog

image.jpg

Thanks Rog, it's appreciated.

That's a great shot, especially as it's a 'right pig' - both to see and image !

Don't you think it's an interesting object though? Most people miss out on this as it pales into insignificance against the other riches in Orion (literally!).

The only bit that came out in my single shot was the larger nebulous part at the top with the three main stars. I'll try it some other time

Look forward to your go with the ED100.

:D

MD

thats the problem with a lot of us imagers, there are a lot of nebs in and around Orion that dont even see the camera most times , also u would never believe how many galaxies are in there, i nearly fell of my chair when i saw them , albeit they are around mag 13 13 and 14, they could be worth a go at some time. i nearlt went out last night ,, but thought Noo thewind was to gusty

Cheers

Rog

Archived