Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does this look correct?

Hi,

Got my 150P today (thanks FLO, great service). My one and only problem so far is that I am not sure if I have fitted the bar correctly to the mount.

I have (hopefully) attached a pic that demonstrates what it looks like.

Does it look correctly fitted to you guys? Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Thanks for your help.

John

post-24697-133877534273_thumb.jpg

Looks right to me. When you come to take the OTA off, just remember to always do the safety screw first, other wise it can be more than a pain to undo. I have to screw the big one back in and try again. Then again, I never seem to learn from my mistakes :glasses1:

My first scope was the 150P and what I used to do was fix the tube rings to the dovetail and leave them pre assembled for putting on the mount. Then all I had to do is undo the rings to put the ota on and take off. The fitting in your pic looks correct :glasses1:

My first scope was the 150P and what I used to do was fix the tube rings to the dovetail and leave them pre assembled for putting on the mount. Then all I had to do is undo the rings to put the ota on and take off. The fitting in your pic looks correct :)

Every single time I post something, a mod seems to highlight my lack of logical thinking :glasses1: Thanks, I shall be doing that from now on!

Lol Adz - your post was very relevant - when I was green I too undid the big screw first and had to do it back up to loosen the small one. So my logic was born out of all the usual newbie mistakes - most of us made them at one time. :glasses1:

Lol Adz - your post was very relevant - when I was green I too undid the big screw first and had to do it back up to loosen the small one. So my logic was born out of all the usual newbie mistakes - most of us made them at one time. :glasses1:

Out of interest. Do you have a preference for which way round the tube rings should be and/or why? I mean the openings nearer the weights, or the other way round perhaps?

Well I had one ring at each end of the dovetail bar. They only fixed on with one bolt each which were kept allmost loose - just a little friction. That way I could turn them in line with the mount axis and lay the whole lot flat in the boot for transport, mount and all. The only bits I took off were the weights.

When I mounted the ota - the rings just lined up naturally along the tube when tightened up (clamps on the right when looking from behind). It all transported in three bits - tripod, ota, and rings and mount assembly. (plus the weights of course).

Hope that helps :glasses1:

Well I had one ring at each end of the dovetail bar. They only fixed on with one bolt each which were kept allmost loose - just a little friction. That way I could turn them in line with the mount axis and lay the whole lot flat in the boot for transport, mount and all. The only bits I took off were the weights.

When I mounted the ota - the rings just lined up naturally along the tube when tightened up (clamps on the right when looking from behind). It all transported in three bits - tripod, ota, and rings and mount assembly. (plus the weights of course).

Hope that helps :glasses1:

Thanks that is very helpful. What do you mean by on the right from behind? Should my tube rings be the way round as this picture?

Advanced Series GOTO - Celestron C8-N GT (GOTO)

If so I need to switch things around :)

Yup - that's how they look in the picture. Now if you stand behind the scope the fastening clamps are on the right - can't see them in the picture cos they're on the other side.

But when you undo the clamps and take the ota off - you can twist the rings round and lay it all flat in the boot. :glasses1:

Hi Pook - the bracket is a dovetail joint with two tightening screws (large and small). It may look crooked but it's an illusion cos it's actually square on to the mount axis. I agree mine looked wierd when I was new to all this - but it is actualy very straight so it can be polar aligned correctly :glasses1:

Yeah.. mine works great, and the dovetail is aligned perfectly. I was actually wondering about that bracket that sticks out from the side....

dfgdfg.jpg

..and why it's at a different angle than the dovetail mounting aperture?

Archived