Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Question about Comet Elenin

FallenDarkness

I was wondering if someone could help me with something I saw last night and made me curious. Last night I was searching YouTube for comet Elenin videos when I came across a video from a person who says he has been looking at the stars for over 35 years and seems like he has very power telescope.

But what he claims and shows in his videos is that comet Elenin is no where to be found according to where reports claim it should be now? Instead he shows an image what is more known as a brown dwarf using infrared since its not throwing off much heat where they claim Elenin should be.

I know nothing about astronomy and was just curious about his video and thought I would find an astronomy forum to ask because I know this is what you all love to do and I know you cant believe everything you see on YouTube.

So I wondering has anyone on here been able to see comet elenin with your telescopes and if so can you post an image of it because I would love to see what it looks like. And to also get your opinions about it.

Thanks for your time...

Archived