Hello from Scotland

smiddit

Hi folks.

Just thought I'd say hello before asking a multitude of questions that have probably been answered a million times before!

In the market for my first scope in the next few months and have decided on the Skywatcher Explorer 200 on the EQ5 mount. Seems to have got good reviews (Sky at Night) and everywhere I have looked. If it's good enough for Patrick Moore I'm pretty sure as a complete beginner I won't be dissapointed.

Had thought about a Go-To scope but the price of an 8 inch is well beyond what I'm willing to spend just getting started and I quite fancy doing it ''the old fashioned way'' to be honest. I also want the biggest aperture I can get for the money.

Also need to say thanks to Kim (brantuk) for helping me out with my registration problems. :glasses1:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL from a fellow Scot. :)

That's a great choice of scope BTW, although I am slightly biased as I own one!! :glasses1:

Just thought I'd say hello before asking a multitude of questions that have probably been answered a million times before!

Don't worry about asking questions that's what SGL is all about!! :p

Cheers

Hi Smiddit and welcome to the forum.

That's a good combination of scope and mount that you've bought there and should keep you out of mischief for a while! :glasses1::D

Clear skies and look forward to hearing what you've been looking at.

James

Archived