Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Blackheart

Calling all astronomers... What's your birthday?

Can I just clarify that this thread has nothing to do with astrology. I was merely wondering if the time of a person's birthday might affect their interests. Or to put it another way... if the birthdays of astronomers might have any correlation to the available hours of darkness.

If someone gets a telescope in mid summer they might not have opportunity to use it and the interest might wane. Whereas a person getting one in September has the entire season to see something that will establish their interest.

Not hugely scientific but an interesting idea at least.

Thanks for excellent response. I am just starting to plot the reuslt on the graph and cursing every time I have to put a dot in June or July!! Grrrr

Cheers

BH

Ok, your original posting was not clear on those points. Even if it were it's fatally flawed as you haven't said 'if you got a scope for your birthday', or filtered it down to minors/adults. Unfortunately then any results you get will be statistically insignificant, particularly as those people who didn't carry on their original interest are unlikely to be posting on the forum.

David

Ok, your original posting was not clear on those points. Even if it were it's fatally flawed as you haven't said 'if you got a scope for your birthday', or filtered it down to minors/adults. Unfortunately then any results you get will be statistically insignificant, particularly as those people who didn't carry on their original interest are unlikely to be posting on the forum.

David

lol

All true Dave, darn it... back to the drawing board!! :glasses1:

BH

18/2

Happy birthday kookoo_gr:hello2:

For me it's December 30

Edited by pbyrne

If someone gets a telescope in mid summer they might not have opportunity to use it and the interest might wane. Whereas a person getting one in September has the entire season to see something that will establish their interest.

BH

What if they have a summer birthday and got a scope for Christmas? :glasses1:

Like me!

2nd January - the worst bithday in the world! Every one's skint and hung over, no one wants to party. I blame my parents !!!!! :glasses1:

Edited by reddoss

Apparently you only need 23 people in a room for there to be a more than 50% chance of two of the people having the same birthday. Well I found that interesting anyway...

23rd June - Presents every 6 months :glasses1:

25th December 1976...............presents only once a year :)