Narrowband

Calling all astronomers... What's your birthday?

Blackheart

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all

I'm working on a pet theory about astronomers and where their birthdays might fall in the year, and I need your help. I wonder if you could all let me know your birthday. I don't need the year, just the month and the day.

To start the ball rolling... Blackheart: September 18th

I will plot the dates on a highly technical graph and see if any trend emerges. If we get enough dates it might even be statistically significant!

Cheers

BH

This all sounds a bit too much like astrology to me.

Not sure what you want to get from these results but my birthday is Mar 26th.

Yes i am an Aries and i have a hell of a temper (but can easily control it)............so basically dont mess with me.

So why point it out? :glasses1:

Cause my pratical side of seeing things always wins and I have serious trouble keeping my mouth shut! :)

We can still go on with the thread and nothing will be "spoiled"... but there's a more pratical way... :p

* retreats and goes listen to:

* ;)

29th July.

On the astrology front, I have actually been "taught" how to read tarot cards. Surprise surprise, it's a load of ****!!! You are supposed to tell what you feel from the cards, I done a reading for a friend once. I got the description of the person he was thinking of, the place and everything else right, shame I was actually making it all up as I went along eh??

Dazz

@DAZ- LOL!!

16/02 North of scotland. Yea I did once get a scope for xmas when I was younger, however it was a trashco and no one could show me how to use it, and I couldn't see a thing through it. But always had an intrest.

Good luck, looks forward to seeing the results!

Michael

29th July.

On the astrology front, I have actually been "taught" how to read tarot cards. Surprise surprise, it's a load of ****!!! You are supposed to tell what you feel from the cards, I done a reading for a friend once. I got the description of the person he was thinking of, the place and everything else right, shame I was actually making it all up as I went along eh??

Dazz

When I was a student, I found a book about "palmistry", and read enough of it to be able to bluff my way. Can recommend it for party-going. All I had to do was look at the nearest female's hand and say "Hey, you've got a good life line!" and I'd have the attention of every girl in the room. Sorry guys, but it's a better "chat-up" line than "What's your star sign? Leo? Ah! I was looking at M65 last night." I think in that respect, astrologers have the drop on astronomers.

When I was a student, I found a book about "palmistry", and read enough of it to be able to bluff my way. Can recommend it for party-going. All I had to do was look at the nearest female's hand and say "Hey, you've got a good life line!" and I'd have the attention of every girl in the room. Sorry guys, but it's a better "chat-up" line than "What's your star sign? Leo? Ah! I was looking at M65 last night." I think in that respect, astrologers have the drop on astronomers.

I knew there must be a reason for Astrology and there it is! Clearly it has a selective advantage. :glasses1:

Archived