sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Familiar story tonight. We've had broken cloud here since 4 o'clock just that all the breaks were in the wrong piggin' place :D

Outside now its as clear as a bell - talk about sod's law. :? High winds have put me off taking the scope out though.

Andy.

Er.. yes!

Look South West.

Find Venus, the first "star" that you will find and its a bit to the right (about a handspan ish) and a tiny bit down from there.

I'm going in!

Captain Chaos

Hat's off to Captain Chaos (again) Absolutely awesome. Stood on the motorway bridge watching traffic. Venus seemed to appear from nowhere......followed your directions.......and presto. I actually swore out loud to myself!!!!!!!

Ironic isn't it that my ICBM launcer (8" reflector) arrived today and I had such a stunning sight with naked eye/tiny sports binos!!!!!

Here's a pic......best I could manage being a newbie with photography too.

comet.JPG

Look South West.

Find Venus, the first "star" that you will find and its a bit to the right (about a handspan ish) and a tiny bit down from there.

Thanks for those directions CC I wouldn't have spotted it today otherwise.

I first spotted it about 440pm when it was still fairly light so it wasn't particurlarly bright nevertheless it was quite a buzz to see it. It was visible to the naked eye in Wimbledon but only just, by 5pm it had all but disappeared into the haze.

Very glad I saw it but cursing that I didn't take my binocs to work.

Does anyone know if it will be visible when it swings around to the other side of the sun?

Of all the cloud to be up there, it was all on the horizon! :p Got to see Venus, took some pics just because :p

That and stood ontop the embankment with the howling cold wind....... :D

Will have another go tomorrow :blob8:

The BBC site pics look good.