Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dobsonian Mount Modifications. - DONE!

Adrius

i decided to go with the "wheel barrel" attachment to my Dobsonian Mount, so i went and go me two peices of wood two bearing wheels and 6 bolts. hopefully ill get it done right 1st time =p, anyone have some pictures tho?, would be nice to see some, thated probly help out some.

well im definetly gonna doit, im gonna go get myself 2 axis's for it for extra support when i get the chance, just drilled and put in the wheels, in the timber planks which is good, and im gonna have to get some black matt spray paint to spray paint the timber to the dob color "black" to make it look alot nicer, eather way when im done i will post up some pics of my modifications, =), im very keen and gonna be happy when im done with it.

thanks for the pic grant, heh they did it exactly like me!, cept my wheels are on the other side, its a good thing tho, so i dont have to mod anything elese and the dob pulls back into the mount when i elivate it, heh i just built it the way i thought was right,didnt see that pic till now hehe, anyways heres some nice picture of it for you all =)

it makes moving your 40kg dob 30x easyer!!!

and nah the wheels dont hit the ground when it isnt elivated if your wondering, obviously, wouldnt want that!

DOBMOD.JPG

DOBMOD2.JPG

DOBMOD3.JPG

Nice mod Adrius! Well done that man!

If you have the time, it'd be great if you could post a step by step tutorial explaining what you did, I'm sure it will be alot o f use to other users of the forums :)

Nice work!

:)

thanks btw guys, i will be posting a full follow up on that soon, just gimmi afew days or so, i still aint geting anygood sleep. once i get me a nice big rest ill be up to doing it.

and nah no tripping over in the dark, it actually makes a good resting spot for my eyepeice case =) the scope folds over to the handle side, i can allso use my foot on one of the handles to move the dob which is neet too, gonna take off the old dob carrying handle and put a nice strong hook there so i can attach all my equip on it, planisphere/excessory cases etc.

Archived