Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

steve2310

My TV Ethos 13mm.....

has just arrived (as well as a TV 17mm T4 Nagler). SOOOO HAPPY!!

I hope the Ethos is as good as everyone says it is.....?

Now hoping for clear skies (fat chance!!)

im in Herne bay looking at a load of cloud and rain at mo at least i have someone to blame now :)

Very nice eyepieces btw ;)

Kevin

Congratulations !.

I'll be interested in reading your thoughts on it. Doesn't it show the same amount of sky that the 17mm Nagler does ?.

Are you intending to try both and decide which you prefer ?.

Edited by John

That's exactly right John. I took advantage of the 20% offer and decided to get both in order to see which I prefer.

I have noticed you praising the Ethos so I hope I feel the same way. The first thing that has struck me is just how much lighter the Ethos is to the Nagler.

If I like both for differing reasons I may decide to keep them both - we'll see.

Happy days!

Hi Steve

Happy days indeed I would love that eyepiece But I do have the 12mm and 17mm Naglers and love them but if I read right I could sell the 12mm and 17mm and have a 13mm ethos is that right John ?

Hi Steve

Happy days indeed I would love that eyepiece But I do have the 12mm and 17mm Naglers and love them but if I read right I could sell the 12mm and 17mm and have a 13mm ethos is that right John ?

My 13mm Ethos replaced 13mm and 16mm Naglers. It's a great eyepiece but very large - I do occasionally miss the compactness of the Naglers. The performance difference between them is slight but noticable when you are at the extremes of observing.

Edited by John

Congratulations on the purchase, I'm certain you will not be disappointed!!