SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

GO-TO Scopes?

pss53

Actually I think anyone who uses anything more than a scope the same as Galileo and does it using star charts or similar aids is cheating.

You should all be ashemed of yourselves for cheating by using star charts and other such inventions of Satan you should all attempt to recreate Flamsteeds work from scratch.

Everyone should wear hair shirts and underpants and grind their glass from scratch

That would teach you all a lesson.

A sound spanking and sent to bed early without any supper for having the cheek to use anything invented after 1700 would also be a good idea ;)

:) o' matron :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sound spanking and sent to bed early without any supper for having the cheek to use anything invented after 1700 would also be a good idea :)

You can pay good money in certain establishments for treatment like

that...:)

I use 2 computerised mounts, a laptop, a DSLR, all hooked up to a wireless LAN to send the images to a networked attached storage device.

At what time should I expect you A-B???;):D:D:D

Must admit I was glad that I started out with non GOTO, I quickly learned the sky and enjoyed the challenge of finding objects for the first time (ureaka moments). Then 2 years on, I was happy to get a goto. With the knowlege of the sky gained in the first 2 years it makes GOTO a real joy to use. Its epsecially handy when showing friends things in the sky and they dont have to wait in the cold while you fumble with starmaps, finderscopes, and fine adjustment knobs!

Also a great plus for astro-photography, It reduces a little time on an already very time consuming procedure.

Matt

Actually I think anyone who uses anything more than a scope the same as Galileo and does it using star charts or similar aids is cheating.

You should all be ashemed of yourselves for cheating by using star charts and other such inventions of Satan you should all attempt to recreate Flamsteeds work from scratch.

Everyone should wear hair shirts and underpants and grind their glass from scratch

A sound spanking and sent to bed early without any supper for having the cheek to use anything invented after 1700 would also be a good idea ;)

RUBBISH!!!

Galileo was the first big cheat in astronomy. Who needs all this newfangled optical stuff?:)

What does it matter what you use as long as you enjoy your hobby?

Some people need to get out more (preferably at night ;) )

I think this is the problem.....we can't get out because of this rubbish weather and this is all our pent up frustration comin out.......Please form an orderly line for the corporal punishment!!!:)

A sound spanking and sent to bed early without any supper for having the cheek to use anything invented after 1700 would also be a good idea

I always knew that all those contributors to Stellarium were in a pact with Belezebub! :)

Archived