Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Cunhaval

View from the mountain - clouds, what else?

Hi, y'all and greetings from North Wales.

Been interested for many years, but have only just got around to investing in a scope. Have lurked on this amazing site for some weeks, and been absolutely astounded at the open, friendly and really knowledgeable contributors - this means you!

I live in a pretty dark sky area, but being surrounded by mountains doesn't do a lot for the horizon. And being in the mountains tends to mean clouds. Still, I'll see what I can do with a Mak 127 when it arrives.

Have learned, though, that one scope and one mount may not be quite enough for long :):D:D

Hi and welcome to the forum

Clear skies for when the scope arrives. Yes astro gear can prove to be a bit 'moorish' to say the least. It mainly depends if there is anyone else in the house who needs to be persuaded that 'another' scope is a really necessary item!

Clear skies

James

Hi and welcome. You are in a lovely part of the world and I be you get some really dark skies up your way.

Hi Cunhaval and welcome to SGL :)

And thanks for the nice feedback - enjoy the forum ;)

Hi Cunhaval,

Welcome to SGL from Snowdonia!!....Lots of mountains here too..But you cant have everything!!...:)

Hi Cunhaval, welcome to the Lounge.

I had a look through a 127 at the weekend, and it is fantastic on the Moon, really nice contrasty views.

I hope you get some clear sky when it arrives.

Thanks for all the good wishes, all.

Will keep you posted on the 127, which hopefully should be here tomorrow or Friday. The moon filter arrived separately in the post today, so I'm part way there :)

Clear skies for all! (pleeeeeeease!)